Surf and Yoga Retreat in Peniche
- July 24th-31st
- July 31st - August 7th
- August 7th - August 14th
- August 14th - August 21th
- August 21th - August 28th
- August 28th - September 4th
- September 4th - September 11th
- September 11th - September 18th
The retreat is a wonderful way to deepen your yoga practice and increase your surfing ability. The yoga works to increase your strength and balance, which complements your surfing experience. Because we are both long time surf and yoga instructors we know how to achieve the greatest performance in being able to strengthen the body, but also targeting the muscles in the restorative yoga that need to be re-opened after the surfing so that they aren’t as sore the next day. We are the best at what we do, and we are always looking for the best results in everybody we meet.
The area of Peniche, Portugal where we are located is perfect for learning how to surf and also has many spots where are also good for intermediate and advanced surfers. The peninsula of Peniche has two bays on either side which allow for waves to come from every direction. There are wave almost every day in the area all within a 10 minute drive. Over all it is one of the best spots in Portugal to learn surfing and is also one of the most consistent places in Europe to surf.
- 7 nights of accommodation
- Breakfast buffet, lunch pack
- Yoga classes twice a day (mon. – fr.)
- Each day one session (2h) of intensive practical and theoretical surfing classes (mon. – fr.)
- Professional surf classes with internationally licensed surf instructors
- Surfboards and wetsuits, also available outside classes and on weekends
- Transfer to the best spots in our surf vans
- Free transfer from/ to Peniche bus station on day of arrival/ departure
- Free bike rentals
The yoga practice will be based on Vinyasa flow and Hatha yoga. Vinyasa flow combines the breath with the body’s natural ability for movement to create a flowing, dance like practice, which burns away toxins in the body and clears the mind.
The Hatha yoga aspect of the practice is focused on the foundation of the asanas, or yogic postures, and will allow you to understand the dynamics of your body and to feel the proper alignment within each asana
Every day Apura Yoga will take you to the best surfing beaches in the Peniche area. Your surf coaches are internationally licensed backed by years of experience. Each day our instructors introduce you to the basics of surfing, or help to improve your skills. With a two hour practice session each day and theoretical lessons on the beach, we give you a professional start into this great sport or take you to the next level, no matter what your skill are at the moment.
Every morning we have a nice breakfast prepared for you so that you can start your day with enough energy. We also have a variety of different foods laid out so that you can put together your own lunch pack that you can take to the beach and eat after the surf session.