IKO Instructor Training
This course is for experienced kitesurfers looking for career, or summer job anywhere in the world.
To become a certified IKO Instructor you must attend and pass 5 day Instructor Training Course (ITC).
You and every other instructor candidate must follow and attend complete training course, during which the examiner will evaluate your technical and human skills.
And yes, you will learn a lot. It is actually jawdropping how much new stuff, both theoretical and practical, you will discover.
Examiner will interactively train you on:
- all aspects of safety
- practical environment
- teaching psychology
To prepare you for real teaching sessions you will have tons of wet live situation modules and hands on experience.
In simple words, you will enjoy this course more than any training you had so far.
At the end of the course, the you must take a written test and pass with a minimum score of 15/20.
In case you fail the test or do not pass the riding test please take a look at your options for shadowing at Kiteloop. We can help you.
We are looking forward to work with you!
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a certified IKO kiteboarder/snowkiter Level 3N with the ability of jumping and grab, toe side riding upwind, board recovery in deep water, rider recovery body dragging, able to make a self-rescue in deep water, self-launching and self-landing (evaluated during ITC).
- Have an IKO Assistant Instructor certification.
- Have a valid First Aid and CPR certificate or have completed it before the ITC with an IKO Examiner running the course.
- Complete the online Pre-ITC course.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluently the language the course is given.
- Sign the waiver form.